POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB) : Re: Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subway (WIP) (68.7 KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Aug 2000 14:12:46
Message: <chrishuff-280CBF.13141829082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39abd861$1@news.povray.org>, "Alan Nickerson"
<ani### [at] mathsoftcom> wrote:

> I thought radiosity added time to the rendering.

For most scenes, it does. But if you have a large number of lights,
using radiosity for lighting could be faster, especially when they are
area lights. The idea is to remove all or most of the lights and use
radiosity to simulate true area lighting.

> I have the radiosity settings in the code, but they were not used
> this time. Last time I used radiosity, after 48+ hours the scene was
> not even 60% complete.

Are you using MegaPOV? Are you trying to use settings from the official
version in MegaPOV? Are you using MegaPOV in addition to the area
lights, or as a replacement for them?
MegaPOV radiosity is usually a lot faster, but it takes different
settings.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><